This is a tower defense I made while in my programming class to show off Game Maker (and hopefully get a couple of people hooked). It came together fairly nicely, and makes for a fun (yet fairly generic!) tower defense game.
There are 6 different towers to choose from:
* Basic Tower: Starts with a mid-level attack range with an AOE shot and upgrades to higher range, shooting speed, damage, and AOE.
* Ice Tower: Stops enemies that it shoots who come within its very small range. Upgrades to longer lengths of freeze.
* Poison Tower: A tower that shoots poison darts that will poison enemies into being hurt for a period of time. Upgrades to longer poison time and a higher shooting speed.
* Flame Tower: Blasts flames in a radius that will damage any enemy nearby. Good early on, but can be near useless later on. Upgrades to shorter times between explosions and more damage.
* Epic Tower: An expensive tower that shoots quickly and with very damaging bullets. Does not upgrade.
* Darkness Tower: This tower spits out small enemy-seeking missiles that will continue to hunt down enemies for a period of time that can be increased through upgrades.